Patrick J. Cassady
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Appellate Law
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
Patrick was born in Orlando, Florida. He received both his undergraduate degree in Psychology, with a minor in Business Administration, and his law degree with Dean's List and pro bono honors from the University of Florida.
While attending law school, Patrick clerked for a boutique plaintiff's law firm that specializes in medical malpractice and personal injury actions. The opportunity gave him invaluable insight into plaintiff strategies, allowing him to obtain optimal outcomes for healthcare providers.
Upon graduating from law school, Patrick worked as an Assistant Public Defender in the Office of the Public Defender, 9th Judicial Circuit. While there, he advocated for hundreds of indigent clients on criminal charges ranging from low-level misdemeanors to violent felony offenses and gained extensive litigation experience conducting jury trials, appeals, evidentiary hearings, motion practice and depositions.
Patrick joined Hall, Schieffelin & Smith, P.A. in 2019. His practice is devoted primarily to medical malpractice litigation. Patrick enjoys playing golf, spending time with his family, sailing, and playing with his chocolate lab, Waylon.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Pro Bono Honors
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. - 2014
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Business Administration
- Florida, 2017
- Office of the Public Defender, 9th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Orange County Bar Associate, Member, 2017 to Present
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2017 to Present
- Christian Legal Society, Member, 2019 to Present
- Federalist Society, Member, 2017 to Present
- Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council, Member