Adams, Janet W.
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Appellate Practice
- Health Care Antitrust
- Hospital Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Staffing Contract Law
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Janet was born and raised in Orlando, Florida. She received her undergraduate degree in political science in 1980 and her law degree, with honors, three years later from the University of Florida. An avid Gator fan, Janet first joined the firm as a law clerk before becoming a member of the firm in 1983 following her graduation from law school.
Janet has more than 30 years of civil trial experience representing hospitals throughout Florida, including serving as lead counsel in more than 250 medical malpractice cases. Her practice also includes representing hospitals on a wide variety of other legal matters ranging from medical staffing issues, bylaws, withdrawal of life support and informed consent to peer review, clinical staff privileges and physician credentialing.
Janet is AV peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell, considered the profession's highest recognition for legal ability and ethical standards. She is frequently invited to speak to hospital staffs on issues related to medical record documentation, HIPAA and informed consent, and she serves as a guest lecturer for the University of Central Florida's Healthcare Risk Management Class.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Recipient, American Jurisprudence Book Award for Property I and Family Law
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. - 1980
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Hospital Association, Member
- Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council, Member
- The Defense Research and Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- 'AV' Rating, Martindale-Hubbell